What do you make of your experience?
I think that my experience with this sub-culture has been an eye opening experience. I went in it with a stereotype and assumptions about the people that I was going to be working with, but after getting to know some of the people, they were completely changed. They are just people like me and you that have different hobbies.
What is it like to be a part of your sub-cultures community?
When I was around my sub-culture, I had a lot of fun. People actually treated you like a friend. I had never met a lot of these people before I started doing field work and they still treated me better than some of my other friends do. They do not hold it against you if you do not participate in the same activities as them
Describe the way that you have represented them?
I know that I did not represent this sub-culture the best because of my limited time and resources. However, I think that I did a good job of trying to break the regular stereotype of those who party. I tried to show that there are more reasons that people party other than just because they want to get trashed. Granted some people do that, not all of them are that way.
Do you have the authority? Why? Why not?
I do not think that I have the authority to speak for this group because my answers are based off of my interpretations. Since I am not an active member of this subculture, I do not know all the little details. However, I tried to get opinions from the people so that I could have the best opinion that I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment